Flood Warning IndianaState Weather Alerts

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In Indiana... Kentucky...illinois...missouri... Ohio River At Newburgh Dam...mount Vernon...j.t. Myers Dam... Shawneetown...brookport Dam...grand Chain Dam And Cairo .minor Flooding Continues Along The Ohio River. At Newburgh Dam, Mount Vernon, And Jt Meyers Dam The River Is Forecast To Rise Above ...Read More.
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:58amExpires: April 25, 2018 at 11:00amTarget Area: Posey

Flood Warning
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:58amExpires: April 25, 2018 at 7:20pmTarget Area: Spencer; Vanderburgh; Warrick

Flood Warning
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:58amExpires: April 26, 2018 at 11:20amTarget Area: Posey; Vanderburgh

Flood Warning
...a Flood Warning Continues For Portions Of The Following Rivers In Western And Southern Indiana... Muscatatuck River...wabash River... .lowland Flooding Continues Along The Wabash And Muscatatuck River. The Wabash River Has Crested At Points Upstream Of Hutsonville And Will Remain Nearly Steady Along Points Downstream Through The End Of ...Read More.
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:53amExpires: April 20, 2018 at 11:53amTarget Area: Jackson; Lawrence; Washington

Flood Warning
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:53amExpires: April 20, 2018 at 12:30pmTarget Area: Parke; Vermillion; Vigo

Flood Warning
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:53amExpires: April 21, 2018 at 12:30amTarget Area: Sullivan; Vigo

Flood Warning
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:53amExpires: April 22, 2018 at 12:17pmTarget Area: Knox; Sullivan

Flood Warning
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 11:53amExpires: April 22, 2018 at 4:15pmTarget Area: Knox; Sullivan

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Has Been Extended For The Following Rivers... Tiffin River Near Stryker Affecting Defiance...fulton And Williams Counties ...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers... Saint Joseph River Ohio Above Newville Affecting Allen...de Kalb And Defiance Counties ...Read More.
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 10:18amExpires: April 21, 2018 at 8:00amTarget Area: Allen; De Kalb

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In Indiana... Kankakee River At Shelby Affecting Lake And Newton Counties The Flood Warning Continues For The Kankakee River At Shelby. * Until Tuesday Afternoon. * At 645 Am Thursday The Stage Was 9.6 Feet. ...Read More.
Effective: April 19, 2018 at 8:31amExpires: April 24, 2018 at 2:00pmTarget Area: Lake; Newton

Freeze Warning
...areas Of Frost Expected Late Tonight... .high Pressure Will Move East Across Iowa Tonight. North Winds Will Bring Frosty Temperatures For Late Tonight And Early Friday Morning. ...freeze Warning Remains In Effect From 1 Am To 9 Am Cdt Friday... ...Read More.
Effective: April 20, 2018 at 2:00amExpires: April 20, 2018 at 10:00amTarget Area: Gibson; Pike

Freeze Warning
...frost And Freezing Temperatures Possible Tonight... .temperatures Will Drop To Near Freezing For A Few Hours Overnight. The Best Chance For A Freeze Will Be In The Sheltered Valleys Of The Bluegrass Region, And In Southern Indiana. Patchy Frost Is Also Likely, Especially In Southern Portions Of The Bluegrass Region. ...Read More.
Effective: April 20, 2018 at 1:00amExpires: April 20, 2018 at 10:00amTarget Area: Clark; Dubois; Jefferson; Orange; Scott; Washington

Freeze Warning
...freeze Warning Remains In Effect From Midnight Tonight To 9 Am Edt Friday... * Temperature...low Temperatures In The Upper 20s To Around 30 Degrees Are Expected In The Warning Area. * Impacts...temperature Sensitive Vegetation That Is Unprotected May Be Damaged Or Killed. ...Read More.
Effective: April 20, 2018 at 12:00amExpires: April 20, 2018 at 9:00amTarget Area: Bartholomew; Brown; Clay; Daviess; Decatur; Greene; Hancock; Hendricks; Jackson; Jennings; Johnson; Knox; Lawrence; Marion; Martin; Monroe; Morgan; Owen; Putnam; Rush; Shelby; Sullivan; Vigo

Freeze Warning
...freeze Warning Remains In Effect From 2 Am To 9 Am Edt Friday... * Temperatures...lows Will Fall Into The Lower 30s. * Timing...temperatures Will Fall Below Freezing Tonight And Will Remain Below Freezing Until 9 Am Friday. * Impacts...unprotected Outdoor Plants Will Likely Be Damaged Or ...Read More.
Effective: April 20, 2018 at 2:00amExpires: April 20, 2018 at 9:00amTarget Area: Dearborn; Fayette; Franklin; Ohio; Ripley; Switzerland; Union; Wayne

Ava’s American Idol Memories, Vote for the Girls beginnings

Ava’s American Idol Memories, Vote for the Girls beginnings

As American Idol airs its series finale tonight, I will admit that being the winning moderator is the most amazing experience. I must say that that six years ago this month, I launched the “Vote for the Girls” franchise two years after I began watching Idol (if memory serves me right) at the start of season 7.

Back in 2008, after Syesha Merado finished third and remembering a then-pet peeve at the time (a year after this, when I uploaded the April 3, 2009 montage of Fox 59 in Indianapolis on my INNewsCenter site’s YouTube channel as an April Fools’ Day prank and realizing after watching a South Bend newscast of two anchorwomen), never knew female contestants had a lot of potential. After watching the American Idol special last night, little did I know then and watching “American Idol Rewind” a few years back, I will say my only regret was creating the format of  “Vote for the Girls” sooner. I remember being in my office at NoSirGifts and talking to my assistant Lynsey Everman at that time and making phone calls pitching the Vote for the Girls format as well as remembering watching old “Star Search” clips in most of the 2000’s and early part of 2010.

During the seventh season of American Idol, I knew at that point after watching the packaging of the outrageous Idol contestants only ramped up as that particular season went forward, without realizing that without Vote for the Worst banded together to push forward the worst or funniest options during the national voting rounds there would be no Vote for the Girls.

During most of 2008, I started pitching what eventually became the Vote for the Girls (the project was initially called Vote Only Females) first to Patrice Rafferty and to other individuals. Then a fateful cable television dispute changed everything and bureaucratic red tape leading to relapsing after I had at the time stopped smoking. The title of the project was changed to the current “Vote for the Girls” after Patrice said ‘Vote Only Females’ was a title too similar to her philosophy at ATE Media. She rejected the concept and went back to work tweaking the project and changing the name to Vote for the Girls. After I pitched the format to Archibald Coolranch, Jack Steele, and Lynsey, NoSirGifts gave me the green light and started searching for a panelists of judges (which would eventually become the Vote for the Girls moderator panel).

By having the green light to Vote for the Girls, I had wanted my good friends Kayla Battishill and Justin Planck on the moderator panel (at the time, they had no idea that I had began a gender transition). Archibald and I were the only individuals confirmed on the moderator panel. One day, a woman from Denver, Colorado named Kym Christain (now my current girlfriend, Kymberly Alvaraz) had been interested to be a moderator. Then I went to my closest friends at the time, Robyn Hurd and Holly Everman. They agreed to join the moderator panel.

From the day Siobhan Magnus was voted off and asked everone on this web site to Vote for Crystal Bowersox, I relazied how extraordinary of a journey it has been for me. I remember the drama when Pia Toscano went home so early on April 7, 2011. Or, in the following season, when I realized that I made a huge mistake in the first week of American Idol 11 Top 7, and remembering a making a friendly wager to someone that if Pia didn’t win and/or two females did not make the American Idol 10 finale, I would audition for the following season of Idol going undercover as a journalist and a freelance musician . It’s crazy to think that after watching the show and auditioning for season 11, this ride is finally ending on a high note since Kymberly and I will be the winning moderator of the final season of American Idol.If La’Porsha makes the Top 2 everyone please vote for La’Porsha to win it all.

Final thought: As I look back, I will say that I am going to reveal the my Top 10 American Idol Vote for the Girls picks.

1. Angie Miler. Angie is definitely my all-time Vote for the Girls pick.
  2. Pia Toscano.
  3. Jessica Sanchez
  4. Crystal Bowersox.
  5. Lauren Alaina
  6. Elise Testone
  7. Jena Irene (Asciutto)
  8. Hollie Cavanagh
  9. Haley Reinhart
  10. Skylar Laine

My least favorite American Idol Vote for the Girls pick is Erika Van Pelt because she auditioned at the same Pittsburgh audition venues when I auditioned.

From the ninth to final season of American Idol, we have voted for 75 contestants (62 women and 13 men, known as flex picks.

© 2016, https:. All rights reserved.

Have any Question or Comment?

Marion Weather

04/19/2018, 16:49 PM

NW
Sunny
52°F
13 mph
real feel: 48°F
current pressure: 30 in
humidity: 43%
wind speed: 13 mph NW
wind gusts: 20 mph
sunrise: 6:58 AM
sunset: 20:25 PM

Want to make a monetary donation, pay to advertise, or just make a monetary donation?

%d bloggers like this: