Aeverine Zinn Holdings (AZH) comprises of the internet and media business of acclaimed webmaster, retailer, entrepreneur, journalist, LGBT activist and YouTube personality Aeverine “Ava” Zinn. AZH employs more than 70 men and women in the State of Indiana Indiana where AZH has a collection of three web franchises, including “Vote for the Girls” and “INNewsCenter”. Ava Zinn herself employs and works with more than 50 men and women with a small a clientele.
Position Title: Representative Payee
Department(s): Human Resources — Finance and Legal
Reports To: Owner/Founder/Webmaster (Ava Zinn)
Salary: $100 per year and/or $10 per month based on performance
Benefits Available by Owner: Flexible Schedule, Keep Your Current Primary Job, home most nights and weekends
Job Summary: This position works under the supervision of Owner/Founder/Webmaster, Ava Zinn herself. The Responsibilities of Representative Payee include working with not only Ms. Zinn herself, but other consumers in the following Indiana counties of Grant, Delaware, Madison, Howard, Miami, Wabash, Huntington, and Blackford who have Supplemental Security Income (SSI) / Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) in learning how to manage their money effectively and to eventually become their own payee. This position requires a very clear understanding of the rules of Social Security benefits, confidentiality, the ability to exercise sound judgment.
The primary duty and responsibilities of Representative Payee are:
- Assume primary responsibility to provide support to consumers and/or Owner in maintaining a financial program suited to the consumer’s level of functioning. Coordinate with Owner and any appropriate agencies necessary to ensure their funding is stable and financial needs are met. Working with consumers and/or Owner of the needs and best use such SSI/SSDI payments to meet those needs.
- Pays all bills for consumer and/or Owner in relationship to the budgetary spending plans. Interface with community resources, e.g., Social Security Administration (SSA), Marion Housing Authority, landlords/landladies, utility companies and various creditors on behalf of the consumer and/or Owner. Assist consumers and/or Owner to obtain and maintain funding and ensure its continuity and stability per Owner’s rules and regulations.
- Sees that all bill payments are paid in a timely manner and efficiently without any problems.
- Facilitate timely and accurate consumer disbursements by processing Payee disbursements following Owner’s procedures by meeting with consumers on a regular basis to assist consumers in preparing checks to pay for consumers needs.
- Assist Owner and/or consumer in debt consolidation and/or any personal loans when available and serve as a co-signer when needed upon Owner’s approval of such.
- Provide individual services to consumer and/or Owner to evaluate ongoing financial needs and to provide them with training and skill-building techniques to enhance their independence to the highest quality.
- Assisting and/or Working with Owner or consumers on budget development and management.
- Working in conjunction with Owner. Assisting Owner in keeping records of all payments received and how they were spent and saved them
- Receiving third party notifications where available of all bills received by Owner herself and within the Representative Payee Policy.
- Act as intermediary to maintain utility/landline telephone service for Owner’s residence.
- Help Owner and/or consumer get medical treatment when needed
- Complete written accounting reports accounting for the use of SSI/SSDI funds.
- Ensure Owner’s compliance with representative payee laws and guidelines by preparing reports required by Social Security and Owner. Process Eligibility Forms for consumers.
- Maintain financial and Social Security files on each protective payee consumer and/or Owner
- Follows up with Owner if necessary.
- Assists Owner in filing consumer’s and/or Owner’s checks at beginning of month.
- Issue all checks and electronic funds transfers (EFTs).
- Process consumer bills, grocery money not covered by food stamps, personal needs funds, etc.
- Prepare and make deposits. Ensure accurate consumer accounts by depositing funds in a timely manner and according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Issue emergency checks if available.
- Tracking and disbursement of cash products, consumer bills, grocery money, etc.
- Complete monthly reconciliation.
- Complete annual SSA Representative Payee reports.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping requirements, including invoices, cash disbursements, program back-ups and internal documentation.
- Report to Social Security Administration (SSA) of any changes that would affect the performance as Representative Payee of Owner.
- Attend required meetings/supervision and participate in job enhancement training.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned by Owner
The Secondary Duties of Representative Payee (though Owner typically does these duties herself, but can do those duties for consumers and/or upon Owner’s request) are:
- Re-determinations, change of address, change in repayment requests, and any other information requested by Social Security to maintain SSI/SSDI benefits
- Report to Social Security Administration (SSA) of any changes that would affect the performance as Representative Payee of consumer.
- Primary contact for Social Security and internal audits.
- Provide required financial information/reports to Owner as requested for consumer to apply for and/or maintain other benefits like Section 8 housing, food stamps/SNAP, etc.
- Contact medical facilities/pharmacies on behalf of payee consumer to provide insurance information.
- Act as intermediary to establish and/or maintain utility/landline telephone service for consumer’s residence.
- Above all, a clean criminal record. An acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment. Sorry, convicted felons or sex offenders are ineligible).
- Must be 21 years of age as of January 4, 2017. (This means you must be born before January 4, 1996)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to have reliable transportation.
- Proficient in administrative functions and skilled in the use of office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office/Excel/Outlook and/or OpenOffice.
- Ability to work with people in a courteous and professional manner on the phone, in person, and online/via email.
- Flexible and detail-oriented. Strong attention to detail, oral communication skills, and computer proficiency.
- Dedicated, determined, and a dedicated hard-worker.
- Able to contribute and be part of a team, above all.
- Ability to work mostly independently with a minimum of supervision of Owner while coordinating activities with several departments and/or consultants.
- Must be able to attend required orientation and training at various locations determined by Owner, including in-service training, conferences and seminars within the indicated timelines and achieves satisfactory competency.
- Webmaster experience and WordPress is helpful, but not necessary
- While performing the duties of Representative Payee, the candidate is required to stand, walk, sit, talk or listen, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus are also required for this position.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree in either behavioral sciences, retail management, web development, and/or accounting preferred.
- At least one year working with non profit and/or three years in retail.
- Two to three years of experience with data entry.
- Some knowledge of and or experience with populations with chronic mental illness,developmental disabilities or substance abuse.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of SSI/SSDI benefits, including rules and regulations.
- Familiar with personal budgeting and banking practices and must be able to effectively instruct others in these areas.
- Extensive practical experience in working with a difficult client population and/or in accounting may be substituted for education.
- Must be able to maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Experience with basic accounting skills.
- Experience bank reconciliation(s).
- Knowledge of basic accounting methods, practices, and procedures
- Excellent computer and customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting software programs and/or Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Proficient in Word and Excel (Owner uses Open Office).
- Ability to be cooperative and resolve differences.
- Able to problem solve financial issues with individuals with and empathetic, creative and flexible attitude at all times.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: It is the policy of Aeverine “Ava” Frathleen (Zinn) Nieves to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military status, citizenship or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state and federal law.
Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or other legally protected status is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify Equal Employment Opportunity commission, or other appropriate agency.
Aeverine “Ava” Frathleen (Zinn) Nieves and Aeverine Zinn Holdings are an Equal Opportunity Employers. In accordance with the EEO regulations, any organization that distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers may request that Aeverine Zinn Holdings provides notice of job vacancies as they occur.
If your organization would like to be notified of such vacancies, please contact Ava Zinn webmaster (at) avazinn (dot) com. Each organization that wishes to be given notice of job vacancies must provide its name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and contact person.
Resumes will only be accepted for specific job openings and only through Owner’s website http://www.avazinn.com. Any resumes submitted through any other means will not be evaluated.
To view and apply for the Ava Zinn job opportunities listed please visit the Ava Zinn careers page at azhcareers.avazinn.com.